Ok folks, September 23rd will kick off the Autumn equinox and this is no ordinary fall season. If we’re going by faith, we trust that God has good in store for us… so get out there! Here’s a list of 25 faith-filled ideas you can print out, email or add more to in the comments section.
1. Go apple picking. Meditate on how God provides for us in nature in great abundance.
2. Clean out a closet of old winter clothes and donate them before the cold season sets in.
3. Host a movie marathon at your house with Old Hollywood Bible-themed movies. Some examples: The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, The Greatest Story Ever Told. Don’t forget the pumpkin pie!
4. Take a nature walk… and pray! Thank God while Autumn life buzzes softly around you.
5. Enjoy a hayride with friends who could use an afternoon of good clean fun. Share laughs and uplifting conversation.
6. Bake an apple pie, and share it with a neighbor or family member who doesn’t get out much.
7. Teach kids that sharing is caring: Help them unclutter playroom shelves/closets by choosing toys they want to give to children in need.
8. Read a book that can help strengthen your walk in faith. If you haven’t read the Bible yet, make this a season of new beginnings.
9. Visit a pumpkin patch with your family, especially if you haven’t gotten together lately. Families who play together, stay together. Plus, who can refuse a pumpkin patch??
10. Cuddle up and watch a faith-based film focused on marriage with your spouse.
11. Make spiced apple cider with worship music in the background. Warm it up to share with family or friends on a cozy fall evening.
12. Throw an “ugly sweater” party. Invite guests to come wearing one funky sweater… and a nice one to donate. Take the contributions to a local shelter, church or charity.
13. Catch a local high school or college football game. Find out if there’s a way you can make a contribution to the kids’ team.
14. Cheer up a friend who’s going through a tough time with a visit to the local animal shelter. Animals have a way of lifting our spirits!
15. Invite someone new to church. Offer to grab a coffee/breakfast/bagel before or after service.
16. Busy? Join an online Bible study. Curl up with your book and the blog of choice once a week for the fall season.
17. Offer to rake your neighbor’s yard. Yes, you know the one. And if you don’t live in a place that sees much leaf-falling action, offer to do what is needed… take up the trash cans, trim the grass or put the newspaper by the front door.
18. Tell him/her: I LOVE YOU.
19. Tell him/her: I FORGIVE YOU. Let it go.
20. Read the Prayer of Saint Francis before starting the day. Practice it. Watch what happens.
21. Carry an extra breakfast bar and bottle of water with you. When you see someone on the street who looks hungry, give it to him or her.
22. Smile when you feel like giving up.
23. Reflect on change. Just like the seasons, we experience times of death and renewal in our lives. Practice trusting in God as you walk through it.
24. Reconcile over hot chocolate.
25. Give your life to God. Encourage others to stop running and start trusting God. Pray for the Holy Spirit to fill your heart and guide you with the right words.
Thank you for this Photo Brenda Starr!